Hildersham Hall stands approximately on the site of the former Netherhall farm-house, which probably survives as a two-storeyed range behind the main block of the hall. The Hall, built c.1807 to designs by Edward Lapidge, is a stuccoed villa, five bays by three, of two storeys with an attic. It has a porch at the south-east corner, a portico facing west towards a lake, & a central staircase-hall lit by a glass lantern. Thomas Fassett probably laid out, on ground still divided c.1810 into closes, the park of 72 acres, which includes an artificial lake & several plantations. Under the Huddleston’s (c.1850 – 1922) the Hall was usually let, & in 1879 the Hall & Park were sold to J. K. Thornton (d. c.1904), whose widow occupied them until 1922. They were then sold to Lady E. F. Miller, who lived there until c.1930, & in 1931 sold again to F. W. Rhodes (d. 1938), a nephew of Cecil Rhodes. About 1939 the Hall passed to the Rhodes Trust, which still owned it in 1973, when it was occupied by Miss G. M. Rhodes.